In music and worship ministry Christmas is almost upon us! But, we’ve been thinking and planning this season for months. Therefore, I feel impressed to remind you of many opportunities we will have to hear the story of the coming of Christ to the dark world. Since several of our music ministry participants are heavily involved in the community events, I’ve listed them also.
- Hanging of the Green/Family Workshop – Sunday, November 26, 4:30-7pm
- Family Christmas Concert at the Glema Mahr Arts Center – Friday, December 1, 7pm
- 4 Sundays of Advent – Sunday, December 3, 10, 17, 24
- Community Chorus’ Messiah – Sunday, December 10, First Presbyterian Church, 6pm.
- FCC Music Ministry Christmas Program “Come Peace of God”, Sunday, Dec. 17, 6pm, Sanctuary (Sanctuary Choir, Vocal Ensemble, Orchestra, Handbells, Children’s Choirs)
- Christmas Eve Drop-In Communion – Sunday, December 24, 5pm
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion – Sunday, December 24, 6pm
I am thankful for all the extra labor our music ministry participants put into the beautiful season of Advent and Christmas. Don’t forget, in general, people are much more open to attending church around Christmas and Easter. Good time to invite people with no church home or those who have been disconnected.